Shinguards are designed to cover most of Shin Bone, from your anklebone to your kneecap.
- Measure the distance starting approximately an inch below the bottom of your knee cap to about 1 inch above your ankle bone.
- This distance should be the approximate total length of the shinguard, not including the added length of the shinbone protection cups (this option is not included on all shinguards)
- The shinguard should not restrict or rub against the kneecap or rub the top of the foot when running.
Some manufacturers label their shinguard sizes according to age
- Senior (or large) shinguards are generally designed for players taller than 5'4"
- Junior (or medium) guards are designed for players shorter than 5'4"